As we had imagined, after the new route on the Shark’s Toot, Matteo, Christian and Silvan did not remain with folded hands and immediately took advantage of the window of good weather:

“We took advantage of the last days of good weather for making another climb. We hiked a dozen of km further inside the valley and opened a new route on a 600 meters tall pillar. We named this route Oasis because of the warm and pleasant conditions we found during our climb. Then yesterday the weather turned bad, with rain at the base camp and snow on the mountains. We decided to anticipate our return flight to Iceland on the 11th of september. Therefore the plans for the next days are doing another ascent in the mountains, if the conditions will allow and then start the long way home by foot and kayak to Ittoqotoormiit”.